Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My mom’s hair has been falling out over the last couple of days. This morning she decided to take matters into her own hands. Instead of letting the chemo making her hair fall out she went ahead and shaved it. My mom called her coworker Brenda to come down and cut her hair. Brenda trimmed and shaved it and my Dad finished off the job with a close shave. But leave it to my mom to make the situation funny. Half way through the shaving my mom decided to wear a Mohawk for the rest of the day. She got a good laugh from her coworkers when she took off her beanie. My mom also had her weekly blood test this morning. My mom informed the nurses that her hair started falling out but only on the sides. The nurses looked at her with perplexed looks until my mom took off her beanie to show off her Mohawk.




2 comments:

  1. Leave it to your mom to make others smile through all of this! Praying that the chemo will work and that we'll see a new crop of hair soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah its Sarah Sherman ( Jugan) I found your blog from Stephanie. I would like to add you to my blog so you can see mine if you would like. just email me your email address to girlforgod27@aol.com

    I have been consistently thinking and praying for your mom since Steph told me.... you know that my mom had breast cancer at the same time your mom did....but my mom isnt as proactive as your mom. Long story. Anyhow, I am thinking of you guys!and cute hair Pat!

    ReplyDelete