Saturday, January 3, 2009

My mom's Cancer is Back

A little over two weeks ago we found out that my mom's cancer is back. My mom is very special to our family and I know very special to others. I'm creating this blog to keep people updated and to get as many people as possible to pray for a miracle of healing. I will update this blog at least once a week. Here is a little summary of what has happened so far:
  • Her breast cancer is back, and has now spread into her bones, lungs, and liver.
  • The doctor said that the cancer is manageable but it will be a lifelong battle (praying for a miracle).
  • Currently the doctor is concerned with how much the cancer has taken over the liver.
  • My mom has been suffering from hip pain (cancer is in her pelvic bone) but the doctors are surprised she is not in more pain.
  • They are putting her on two types of chemo that will be on a 28-day cycle. She will have three weeks on, and one week off, and every four weeks the doctor will reevaluate her process and treatment.
  • She began chemo on Monday, December 29th.
  • She had minor surgery on Tuesday, December 30th to have a port put in. The port is in good working condition and they will begin putting the chemo through the port instead of trying to find veins.

My mom is in good spirits and is being strong through everything. Please pray for her spirits and strength as she fights this cancer. Please pray for my dad as he takes care of my mom. Most of all, please pray for a miracle of healing of her body. I love my mom so much and I know so many of you also love her. I hate to see her go through this. We are all holding on tightly to God through all of this.

2 comments:

  1. Sara,
    I'm sure your mom treasures you and your love for her. I will continue to pray for her healing and for you and the family during this time.
    He will never leave you nor forsake you.
    Debbie Medicus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, This is such a beautiful website! Your mother is blessed to have such loving family.
    My mother as well has mestatic breast cancer. (HER 2). She was given her first treatments of 4 a couple of weeks ago and began taking her pill forms at home. The names were Abraxane and TYKERB. She had a very bad reaction to them and ended up in the hospital. I am just wondering if these are the same types that your Mother is using. We are confused as to why she reacted so terribly. If your mother is taking the same types and having such great results it will be such a shame for my Mother.
    I do not write this with any harmful intentions, just want to see what is working for others as an option for my Mother. We have a little ways to go until we get the go ahead for more tx.
    Good luck and God bless your family,
    Mara

    ReplyDelete