Sunday, February 8, 2009

Wonderful Work Environment

My mom’s work has been nothing but supportive, encouraging, and loving. My mom has been famous for pulling the cancer card at work and even while playing games. A co-worker’s daughter & summer staff (Meghan Tucker) made a sign for my mom that said “I don’t have to deal with this I have cancer.” She keeps it on her desk to use when needed. Well, since they copied her Mohawk hairdo they didn’t want to be left out on the cancer card. During a staff meeting everyone in the meeting held up signs saying, “I shouldn’t have to deal with this, Pat has Cancer.”

They also gave her a Spirit Award, this is what the award said:

“For exceptional courage in the face of extreme trials
For contagious joy reminding all of us that our joy is not dependent
On our circumstances, but our relationship to Jesus

For all you are and all you do, we congratulate you and thank God for your presence at Bonita Park”

Like I’ve said before, we are all thankful that my mom is surrounded by friends that are supportive and keep a joyful atmosphere around my mom.


2 comments:

  1. I can only imagine how much your parents appreciate the support (and humor) that the staff is providing them right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for such a supportive staff at Bonita Park. It is such a blessing to Pat to have other staff members share her work load when she is unable to function at her normal capacity. The meals that have been prepared and delivered to their home have also been appreciated.

    I loved the "Spirit Award" that was given at the last staff meeting. It brought tears to my eyes. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete