Friday, February 27, 2009

Chemo Fun

My mom had another chemo treatment and for the most part it went well. There were a couple minor glitches. Her potassium was still low and her blood pressure was high and her chest started to tighten a little again. They have increased her potassium pills to 5 a day and they have doubled her blood pressure medicine. On Friday she went in again for a shot to boost her white blood cells.

My Aunt Suzanne accompanied her and as you can see from the pictures they had a lot of fun. My Aunt Suzanne beat my mom at Skip Bo. They also put on a juggling show for the doctor’s office. They had the whole office entertained and laughing. I wonder what surprises will be in store for my mom’s next chemo? : )






1 comment:

  1. Sara, Thanks for mentioning the fact that I beat your mom at Skip Bo! I have to admit that I had a little help from the young lady sitting next to Pat as I was a little rusty. We always meet some very nice people at Chemo. We enjoyed visiting with a very nice lady (and her son) from Roswell. And as always the nurses are great!
    PS. After playing with the "cuties" we ate them and they were yummy!

    ReplyDelete