Monday, February 2, 2009

Low Potassium and White Blood Cell Count

For the last several weeks my mom has been struggling to keep her potassium at a normal level. Due to her low potassium and chemo she has been extremely tired. On Wednesday she went in for her weekly blood test and they called her later in the afternoon asking her to come back in. She found out her potassium was very low and her white blood cell count was low. She had a four hour IV of potassium and a shot to stimulate her white blood cells. Thursday and Friday she also had to go in for the shot to stimulate her white blood cells. From now on she will have to get a shot to stimulate her white blood cells the day after every chemo treatment. She also has new pills to hopefully help keep up her potassium levels.

My mom has her next chemo treatment next Thurday. Please pray that she will take it well and that the chemo is doing its job. My mom has been a trooper and is still trying to live life normal even though she is really tired. I love her so much and I'm glad she's fighting this cancer with a great outlook on life.

2 comments:

  1. You couldn’t enter into great detail, nevertheless, you presented the necessities I desired to get me thru. It only needed a short while to see your entry and so I have an awareness that I know most people pass up. You will have added to my exploration in your posting. محامي واتس اب

    ReplyDelete