Sunday, February 8, 2009

Chemo Treatment

My mom had another successful chemo treatment. My Aunt Kathy (her sister) accompanied my mom to the chemo treatment. They tried on blond wigs, played Skip-Bo, and apparently, my Aunt Kathy pampered my mom by feeding her strawberries. My dad and Uncle Marvin stopped by for a visit and a quick snapshot. My parents enjoyed having Aunt Kathy and Uncle Marvin around for a couple days.

The next day my mom went for a shot to keep her white blood cell count up. Mom found out that this one shot costs $4,500.00….thank God for insurance. : )

My mom has a doctor’s appointment on February 18th. Hopefully, after this appointment they will schedule another C.T. Scan so we will see what progress she has made and what the next step is. Please continue to pray for my mom’s strength and for a miracle of healing.




4 comments:

  1. Your mom makes a pretty good blond...maybe she should go blond when her hair comes back again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let your Mom know that I'll pray for her and Howard. We miss seeing them in San Diego.

    Archie Yates

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat: Blonde is a good color for you. Maybe you want to come out of chemo and make a change in your life. Last time you came out with curls, this time a blonde??--Erna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara, I had no idea her cancer was back! I'm so sorry. This is always a lifelong fear with our daughter Kennedy. Cancer sucks! I will be following along and we will be praying!

    Pat, we love you! We know you're going to fight hard and we'll be praying that God touches your body and heals you completely!

    Keep on keeping on!
    Renee (Perkins) Garcia & family

    ReplyDelete