Saturday, April 18, 2009

Another Exciting Chemo Day

Kerry Johnson, a dear friend from Hemet who now lives in New Mexico kept my mom company at her chemo treatment. If anyone knows Kerry you know there was no shortage of laughs during the chemo treatment. Kerry was going to bring poster paint to decorate my mom’s head like an Easter egg but didn’t bring it. :(

Paula the nurse, decided to get creative with the medical supplies in the office. She gave my mom a colorful makeover with the help of colored stretchy bandages used to wrap around your arm after giving blood and latex gloves.




Karen always has a ton of question for my mom and my mom gets tired of answering them. So, on this visit Karen made her a yes and no sign to help my mom answer questions without having to talk. It looks like things got a little out of hand.



This is Kerry’s way of shuffling cards. : )


I’m glad that my mom has friends and family that make chemo treatments fun and exciting. My mom looks forward to chemo treatments, I don’t know many cancer patients that can say that. : )

2 comments:

  1. Your mom is amazing! We should all count ourselves blessed if we have friends like that!! Praying for you guys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, there is never a shortage of laughter with Kerry or your mom. We are so blessed to have an amazing "extended family!"

    ReplyDelete